Home » OBAAT Child Protection
One Brick at a Time is committed to a child-centred approach to our work with children and young people. We undertake to provide a safe environment and experience, where the welfare of the child/young person is principal. We shall adhere to the recommendations of the Children Act of Uganda and the UN convention on the rights of the child. We have already implemented procedures covering:
– Code of behaviour for all staff and volunteers
– Reporting of suspected or disclosed abuse
– Recruiting and selecting staff
– Managing and supervising staff
– Allegations of misconduct or abuse by staff
– Complaints and comments
– Incidents and accidents
CLICK HERE OBAAT Child Protection Policy for the detailed Policy.
OBAAT organises positive discipline workshops at the schools when we deliver a project. These programme is dedicated to spread the message of “no corporal punishment” with school teachers and management.